The team’s social work service is here to help with many everyday concerns that may affect people when they're living with CF, to try and make a bit life easier.
Our role is to provide support, to advise about social resources and how to get access to these.
We get involved in a wide range of issues that adults with CF have to deal with, such as:
- Transition – Supporting young adults from paediatric to adult care.
- Education - applying for student grants or benefits and making sure your college or university know about any specific needs that might arise due to having cystic fibrosis
- Employment - looking for your first job, thinking of changing your job or reducing your hours, knowing about employers’ responsibilities and about benefits you might be entitled to claim while working
- Finances - claiming benefits such as Disability Living Allowance and finding out about any other allowances that might be relevant to you, depending on your health and/ or your financial circumstances
- Housing - understanding your options when you're wanting to move into place of your own and whether you're eligible for any grants to help you get settled in
- Transport - finding out about the Motability car scheme, vehicle tax exemption, the blue badge scheme, grants for driving lessons, travel pass concessions, help with hospital travel expenses
- Personal care - getting advice about care packages if you're having difficulty managing at home or about support for carers
- Holidays - being aware of any grants available and getting information about travel insurance
- Benefits – Offering support with form filling and advice when claiming benefits.
- Bereavement and End of Life support - This is aimed at both families and patients when facing this difficult time of life.
Click on a team member for more information
CF Social Worker
CF Social Worker
Downloadable documents and useful links
From the Blog
We hope you enjoy reading our Christmas message and poem written by Catherine Brown Physiotherapist. Ho Ho! At last its Christmas on ward 26....................Read the full article about Merry Christmas From All of Us