The team’s social work service is here to help with many everyday concerns that may affect people when they're living with CF, to try and make a bit life easier.
Our role is to provide support, to advise about social resources and how to get access to these.
We get involved in a wide range of issues that adults with CF have to deal with, such as:
- Transition – Supporting young adults from paediatric to adult care.
- Education - applying for student grants or benefits and making sure your college or university know about any specific needs that might arise due to having cystic fibrosis
- Employment - looking for your first job, thinking of changing your job or reducing your hours, knowing about employers’ responsibilities and about benefits you might be entitled to claim while working
- Finances - claiming benefits such as Disability Living Allowance and finding out about any other allowances that might be relevant to you, depending on your health and/ or your financial circumstances
- Housing - understanding your options when you're wanting to move into place of your own and whether you're eligible for any grants to help you get settled in
- Transport - finding out about the Motability car scheme, vehicle tax exemption, the blue badge scheme, grants for driving lessons, travel pass concessions, help with hospital travel expenses
- Personal care - getting advice about care packages if you're having difficulty managing at home or about support for carers
- Holidays - being aware of any grants available and getting information about travel insurance
- Benefits – Offering support with form filling and advice when claiming benefits.
- Bereavement and End of Life support - This is aimed at both families and patients when facing this difficult time of life.
Click on a team member for more information
CF Social Worker
CF Social Worker
Downloadable documents and useful links