How to find us
The hospital is approximately 5 miles east of the city centre, 2 miles past Birmingham City Football Ground, on the B4128. It is about 1 mile from the A45 Coventry Road, the main trunk road approaching the city from the southeast. We are within easy access of Junction 6 of the M6 motorway and Junction 6 of the M42.
The hospital is on the following bus routes:
- 73: from City Centre (Stand MD Moor Street) to Solihull Rail Station; (via: Small Heath, Heartlands Hospital, Yardley, Sheldon, Solihull Hospital); Monday - Saturday: Daytime & Early Evenings
- 97 / 97A: from City Centre (Stand MF Moor Street) to Chelmsley Wood; (via: Bordesley Green, Heartlands, Lea Hall, Tile Cross, Chelmsley Wood); Monday - Sunday: Daytime & Evenings
- 28 : from Great Barr (Scott Arms/ Dyas Road) to Heartlands Hospital; (via: Perry Beeches, Old Oscott, Short Heath, Erdington, Pype Hayes, Ward End); Monday - Saturday: Daytime (every 20 mins.)
- 11A / 11C: (Outer Circle) to Station Road, Stechford, by Police Station, then 97 / 97A (inbound towards Birmingham) for Heartlands Hospital; Monday - Sunday: Daytime & Evenings
- 8A / 8C: (Inner Circle) to Victoria Street, Bordesley Green, then 97 / 97A (outbound towards Chelmsley Wood) for Heartlands Hospital; Monday - Sunday: Daytime & Evenings
The nearest train station to Heartlands is Stechford, which is 2 miles away, on the local New Street Station to Coventry line; then take Bus 97 or 97A (from Bordesley Green towards Birmingham) for Heartlands Hospital.
Heartlands Hospital is close to the River Cole Cycle Route. Cycle racks are available to the left of the main entrance building.
Network West Midlands is the partnership organisation for all public transport providers in the West Midlands. See its website for further details on regional services. (www.networkwestmidlands.com)
Traveline is the West Midlands public transport information service (0871 200 22 33). Its Timetable Finder & Journey Planner facilities can help with your travel arrangements. (www.travelinemidlands.co.uk)